- This event has passed.
CIOC WordPress Integration, Step-by-Step
January 22, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST
Do you want to bring CIOC information into a WordPress site?
CIOC offers a free WordPress plug-in that makes it easy to use CIOC “Basic Data Feeds” to integrate public lists of CIOC records and categories into external websites. Basic Data Feeds do not require a full CIOC login to use, because they present only small sets of publicly available information from your CIOC database and a link back to your CIOC site for more information. With Basic Data Feeds and the CIOC WordPress plugin, you can give a “key” to member and partner organizations throughout your community and help them to easily present up-to-date and topical information in their own websites, whether that’s agency and service details or lists of volunteer opportunities.
Join us for a step-by-step walk-through of how to use the CIOC WordPress plugin. We will cover:
- How to install and activate the CIOC WordPress plug-in
- How to create, use, or disable an API key in your CIOC application for CIOC basic data feeds
- Use the shortcode generator in CIOC to help you quickly configure WordPress shortcode to display different kinds of data from CIOC in a WordPress site
- Understanding the difference between the CIOC basic data feeds and the full CIOC API
- How to access the Open Source repository for the CIOC WordPress plug-in if you want to re-use the code for another PHP-based CMS or website
- Where to get detailed documentation
How to Join
Pre-registration is required for this session.
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2509507018482486786